- Google Earth
- Google Earth has high-resolution 3-D views to find scenic areas that you might otherwise miss.
Placemarks along Historic Route 66 requires Google Earth software.
- Route 66 Landmarks - Satellite Views:
- Buckingham Fountain, Chicago, near the start of Route 66
- Sears Tower, Chicago
- Launching Pad Drive-In restaurant and its Gemini Giant, Wilmington, Ill.
- Old Chain of Rocks Bridge, Madison, Ill.
- Gateway Arch, St. Louis
- 66 Drive-In theater, Carthage, Mo.
- Blue Whale, Catoosa, Okla.
- Blue Dome, Tulsa
- Round Barn, Arcadia, Okla.
- Glenrio, at Texas-New Mexico border
- Big cross, Groom, Texas
- Cadillac Ranch, Amarillo, Texas
- Tucumcari Mountain, Tucumcari, N.M.
- Meteor Crater, Arizona
- Old Colorado River Bridge, at Arizona-California border
- Roy’s in Amboy, Calif.
- Wigwam Motel, Rialto, Calif.
- Colorado Street Bridge, Pasadena, Calif.
- Santa Monica Pier, near the end of Route 66